Hashiwokakero (also known as hashi, bridges, chopsticks or Ai-Ki-Ai) is a type of logic puzzle originally published by the Japanese company Nikoli. A must for Sudoku fans!
A number of islands occupy the playing area; each containing a number. The object of the game is to inter-connect the islands by strategically placing bridges between them.
- Bridges run horizontal or vertical, but can't cross.
- No more than 2 bridges can exist between any 2 islands.
- The number on an island notes the total number of bridges connected to it.
- The game is over when all islands are inter-connected.
This electronic version of the game is available on iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch and features:
- 9 modes of play (to flex ya grey-matter)
- GameCenter integration, so you can check how buffed your brain-cells are
- Infinite puzzle combinations, so you'll never need to buy another puzzle book
The puzzles are auto generated; so no pesky in-app-purchases to worry about and no need to be on-line. (Nice if you're on holiday and don't want to worry about data roaming charges).