Mathdoku - brainteasing math/logic puzzles
Mathdoku (also known as KenDoku®, Calcudoku or KenKen®) is a type of arithmetic/logic puzzle invented by Japanese math teacher Tetsuya Miyamoto. These mathematical puzzles were intended to be an instruction-free method of training the brain. Whilst aspects of the game are similar to Sudoku, the puzzles offer a more challenging alternative. Mathdoku is suitable for children, but only if they already possess (or want to further develop) a good level of arithmetic skills.
As with Sudoku, the solution to each puzzle requires the user to fill an NxN grid with digits (1 to N). For mathdoku:
- No digit can appear more than once in any row or column.
- The numbers in each cage produce a given target number, when combined using the mathematical operation provided.
- Digits may be repeated within a cage, as long as they aren't in the same row or column.
Daily Mathdokus are a cracking way to keep your mental-arithmetic skills in check. Your problem solving skills at their peak. Perfect if you want to tease your brain cells or even challenge your students.
You could spend your hard-earned cash on book after book of puzzles or even print puzzles from various sources on line. But why waste the money, the time and the paper? Save the trees! You may even find websites to play Mathdoku puzzles on line. But why waste your data plan, when puzzle generation and checking can be done locally? You always have your phone (or tablet) with you, so you'll always have the best puzzle to suit your mood.
GE Mathdoku is available on all your iOS devices and features:
- Single universal binary for iPhone/iPad
- Unlimited puzzles, so you'll never need to buy another puzzle book (or make an in-app-purchase)
- Unlimited undo/redo, for ease of backtracking
- Automatic error checking/highlighting
- Free (Lite) version with 5 modes of play
- Full version with 8 modes of play and GameCenter integration, so you can check how buffed your brain-cells are
For any support, bug reports, feedback or feature requests; please contact us via . If you like the app, please review it on the AppStore.